Car rental from Sunny Cars Tenerife: all the information at a glance!
Tenerife is a beautiful island to go on vacation and many tourists go to this Spanish island every year. To see some of the island as well, most tourists rent a car on the island. We ourselves found Tenerife a fantastic island to visit and also explored the island in a rental car. On most of our trips, we rent a car through Sunny Cars. Therefore, in this blog Rent a car from Sunny Cars Tenerife, we provide all the information you need to rent a car from this rental company.
Table of contents
Car rental from Sunny Cars Tenerife
Car rental Tenerife: what to look out for?
There are a number of things to consider when renting a car in Tenerife. We list a few things to keep in mind when renting a car in Tenerife
- Number of kilometers: some rental companies in Tenerife only allow you to drive a certain number of kilometers per day. Now this is usually not a big problem on Tenerife, since you generally don’t travel very long distances on the island. Still, it’s smart to take a closer look at this.
- Insurance: you want when you rent a car in Tenerife that the car is properly insured. After all, you’re driving in another country on roads you don’t know well and therefore want it to be insured when you make damage. Driving in Tenerife is very doable, but it will just happen to you that you just have an accident on your vacation in Tenerife.
- Excess: many rental companies charge a deductible when you rent a car. In the event of damage, you may then have to pay a fair amount yourself. This deductible is then tied up on your credit card. So check in advance how high this excess amount is when you go to rent a car in Tenerife.
- Size of the rental car: check carefully how many people you are with and how many suitcases you are carrying. You don’t want to have ordered a rental car that is too small at the Tenerife airport. By the way, the salespeople at the front desk often try to sell you an upgrade, but of course, if you have done proper research beforehand, this is not necessary.
- Fuel arrangement: we have already experienced different arrangements in terms of fuel with different companies. We prefer the full=full rule. You get a full tank and when you return the car you return it with a full tank. You can then drive off with your car right away and you only need to fill up the car just before returning it.
Tenerife car rental: Useful tips!
In addition to the various things to look out for when renting a car in Tenerife, we also have some helpful tips if you are then going to rent a car on this island. We list them briefly below.
- Use the app maps.me. With many rental cars, you pay extra for an in-car navigation. We don’t usually rent this, as we generally use the app maps.me. With this app, you already download the map of Tenerife at home and put all the important sights of the island in the app in advance. Then, when you rent a car in Tenerife, you can use this app to navigate the car around the island. We also did this this way.
- Take pictures of the car in advance. Even though everything is usually insured, we always do take pictures of the car before driving to avoid unnecessary discussions afterwards.
- Rent a car in advance online. Make sure you rent a car at your leisure at home, so you don’t have to go through all kinds of rental companies to rent a car on the spot at the airport. Once you get to your destination, you also want to get to your hotel as soon as possible.
- Rent on time. Currently, there is a shortage of rental cars in the world, so you need to rent a car on time in some places. For example, during our trip to Seychelles, we couldn’t get a car rental because all the rental cars were reserved. If you have booked a trip, arrange for a rental car right away. With many airlines, you can always cancel just before time.
- Don‘t always go for the cheapest airline. For example, we once rented a car in Spain for really very little money. Just before we went we read some more reviews and found that the cost on the spot of extra insurance and other things was huge and the service was super bad. In the end, we took our loss and rented another car through another company.
- Comply with traffic rules: this may be an unnecessary tip, but in some countries you pay high fines for speeding. Those are forwarded to you through the rental company, of course. Such a fine is obviously a huge pity of your money.
Car rental from Sunny Cars Tenerife
Sightseeing in Tenerife
You have several cool sights on the island of Tenerife that are worth visiting with your rental car. We list some of these attractions.
- National Park del Teide: the absolute highlight of the island. Beautiful national park in a volcanic landscape. This park is located in the middle of the island.
- Aqualand and Siam Park water parks: you have two very cool water parks located in Tenerife. Certainly the Siam water park is a water park that ranks high in the lists of best water parks in the world. We visited them both and thought they were both cool too!
- Beaches Los Gigantos and Playa de la Teresitas: you obviously cannot avoid its beaches in Tenerife. Los Gigantos has beautiful rocks and Playa de la Teresitas has beautiful white sand. Both are fun to visit.
- Places like Garachico and Santa Cruz: You have several places in Tenerife that are fun to visit. Garachico has natural pools, in which you can swim, and Santa Cruz is the capital of Tenerife. Both are fun to visit.
- Costa Adeje resort: most tourists also visit Tenerife for its conviviality, and it is certainly found in this resort. This is a great place to grab a bite to eat and a drink on or around the beach.
Public transportation or a rental car from Sunny Cars Tenerife?
It is possible to explore Tenerife by public transportation. There are green buses all over the island that go to all corners of the island. Just keep in mind that the buses (especially the urban lines) are often very crowded and an overcrowded bus will pass through at the stop. Then you have to wait and hope for the next bus.
The buses run regularly, but not really on the clock. So there may be a short wait for the next bus. In addition, to get to some places on the island, you can be quite long on the road and have to transfer several times as opposed to a rental car.
Of course, while public transportation is cheaper than a rental car, we personally find the convenience of a rental car much greater. If you really want to take a tour of the island, it’s almost impossible to do by bus and easy with a rental car. Therefore, we never considered traveling by public transportation and opted for a rental car right away. In this regard, we found a rental car from Sunny Cars Tenerife to be ideal!
Benefits of renting a car from Sunny Cars Tenerife
The reason we are such fans of Sunny Cars’ cars is for a number of reasons. We list below the benefits you have when you rent a car from Sunny Cars Tenerife.
- All insurance is included in the price. Sunny Cars has an all-in formula, with all insurance included in the price. As a result, you don’t need to close anything further at your destination. In the past, with other airlines, we have had problems with this on occasion that things were still added.
- You are also insured for your deductible. We ourselves like the fact that we do not run the risk that if we cause an accident or have damage to the car that we will have to pay, for example, a 1000 euro deductible. This is covered with Sunny Cars Tenerife. Of course, you should not start doing illegal things like driving with liquor or drugs on, because then you will not be insured with any company.
- You can cancel an hour in advance. Suppose you miss your flight or there is some other reason you cannot travel or go on vacation, you can still cancel the car very shortly beforehand. We think that’s a very nice thought.
In short, most of the worries you can have from a rental car are taken away by Sunny Cars Tenerife, allowing you to enjoy your vacation above all! This is very important to us when we are on vacation, and we are quite willing to pay a little more for it.
Car rental from Sunny Cars Tenerife
What is all inn at Sunny Cars Tenerife?
Now what is the all inn formula of Sunny Cars Tenerife. We list the key issues.
- Refund deductible. If you have damage to the car and have to pay your deductible you will get the money back from Sunny Cars Tenerife.
- Glass-tire-bottom-roof damage coverage. These are things where you can quickly damage your rental car. A pebble hits the window, you get a flat tire or a scratch gets on your car. With Sunny Cars Tenerife, you are assured of this.
- Unlimited mileage. This won’t be the biggest problem on the island of Tenerife, but still always nice not to have to worry about this when you rent a car from Sunny Cars Tenerife.
- Damage insurance: if you have damage to the car it is covered. Therefore, you do not need to purchase additional non-life insurance. They often try to insist on this with other companies, but Sunny Cars Tenerife also advises against taking out additional insurance locally, as it is not necessary.
- Theft insurance: if the car is stolen, the car is insured.
- Extra third-party insurance: in the Netherlands, the third-party coverage is five million euros, but Sunny Cars Tenerife has taken out extra third-party insurance, insuring you up to ten million euros.
- Refueling arrangement Full-Full: We personally find this to be the finest arrangement in terms of refueling. You get the car with a full tank and you return it with a full tank as well.
- Reimbursement of towing costs: suppose the rental car is no longer running or you have a flat tire and cannot continue driving, Sunny Cars Tenerife will reimburse the towing of the car. You then contact the local supplier listed on your voucher you receive from Sunny Cars Tenerife.
- Loss and damage of the car key and/or papers: suppose this happens, the damage of this will be compensated by Sunny Cars Tenerife.
- Local tax: these are already included in the rental price of the car. With other airlines, you sometimes have to pay them only at the rental counter.
- Airport delivery fees: these are already included in the rental price of the car.
- Breakdown assistance: if you break down on the road, you can call the number of the local rental company and all the costs involved will be covered by Sunny Cars Tenerife. They also have a 24/7 emergency number in case something comes up.
- Flex service included for free: you can cancel your reservation one hour before arrival at no charge.
As you can see, the package of all- inn formula of Sunny Cars Tenerife is very comprehensive, ensuring a worry-free vacation in Tenerife! In any case, we find all these things very nice to have when we rent a car on the island.
Where can I book a car from Sunny Cars Tenerife?
You have a huge number of options with Sunny Cars Tenerife where to rent a car in Tenerife. Most tourists rent the car right at the airport, so they can also drive the rental car to the hotel right away. It is also possible for the rental car to be delivered to your hotel. You may not need a rental car for the first few days and may not want to rent one until later. You can do this too!
There are also several places where you can rent a car in Tenerife. This can be done, for example, in Costa Adeje, Puerto de la Cruz, Playa de las Americas, Playa Paraiso, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Puerto de Santiago, Los Cristianos, Santiago del Teide, Los Cristianos Cruise Port, Golf del Sur, Guia de Isora and El Medano.
So, as you can see, there are plenty of places in Tenerife where you can rent a car from Sunny Cars Tenerife.
Car rental from Sunny Cars Tenerife
Where to stay in Tenerife?
You obviously have plenty of options for accommodation in Tenerife. We ourselves stayed all week at the Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club By Diamond Resorts in the town of San Miguel de Abona in the south of the island. This is a slightly less touristy part and we had a beautiful spacious apartment here with a balcony that overlooked the sea. In addition, there was an excellent swimming pool and they had an animation team for the kids.
Some great options for staying overnight in the more touristy area are as follows:
Budget hotel: Apartamentos Hg Tenerife
Mid-range hotel: Hotel Best Jacaranda
Luxury hotel: Meliá Jardines del Teide