Car rental from Sunny Cars Lanzarote: all the information!
Every year many Dutch tourists go to the Spanish island of Lanzarote and rent a car here to see the island. Still, it is important to pay attention to a few things when renting a car in Lanzarote. In this blog, we give lots of information about the what to look out for when renting a car in Lanzarote, we give information about the island and the reason why we are such a fan of Sunny Cars Lanzarote rental cars.
Table of contents
Rent a car from Sunny Cars Lanzarote
Car rental Lanzarote: what to look out for?
Lanzarote is a beautiful island and renting a car is top. Nevertheless, there are some things to consider when renting a car in Lanzarote. We briefly list some of the issues below.
- Number of kilometers: look not only at the price when renting a car in Lanzarote, but also, for example, how many kilometers you are allowed to drive in a day with the car. Is this only a limited number and you have to pay extra after that or is it unlimited?
- Insurance: for us, this is the most important thing we look at when renting a car. You can go for the cheapest rental car in Lanzarote, but if you are then poorly insured or have to pay a lot on the spot for extra insurance then you still have a very bad deal.
- Fuel regulation: we always look for the regulation full=full. Then you get a car with a full tank, and when it’s over, you have to return the car that way as well. Of course, it is not the biggest requirement for us when we rent a car, but we like this arrangement by far. If you then rent a car at Lanzarote airport, you can also drive straight to your hotel.
- Excess: many rental companies lower the price for the car, but then raise the deductible on the car. They then put this amount fixed on your credit card and if there is damage they settle it this way. Sometimes an excess can be more than 1,000 euros, which is really a lot of money if you then have damage to your rental car in Lanzarote.
- Size of the rental car: this too has to do with preferences, but at least make sure your suitcases will fit in the car. Surely it’s annoying when you rent a car at Lanzarote airport and your suitcases don’t fit in.
Rent a car Lanzarote: Useful tips!
In addition to the various things to look out for when renting a car in Lanzarote, we also have some useful tips if you are then going to rent a car in this island. We list them briefly below.
- Save on your navigation: we always save the money of a navigation with the car by using the app maps.me. You download the app at home and also download the map of Lanzarote into the app. Then you fix all the important sights and your hotel in this app with blue dots and during your vacation you can then use the app without internet. We always use this app on our trips.
- Online booking car. we never book rental cars locally, but always online at home. Then we can list all the options at our leisure and be well prepared in that regard. You don’t want when you arrive in Lanzarote to still have to pass all kinds of rental companies here to rent a car.
- Cover yourself. You sometimes read stories of rental companies who then make things difficult when you return the car, even though you are sure you did not cause the damage. Take some pictures of the damage on the car beforehand and film once around the car. Then you avoid any discussion afterwards.
- Rent on time. In recent years we have noticed that it is becoming more difficult in some places to rent a car. In the Seychelles, for example, we couldn’t get a rental car arranged. This was also our own fault, since we started looking for a car a week in advance during the Christmas season. So then there was no car available and we could do everything by the much more expensive cab. So make sure you rent a car in Lanzarote on time.
- Cheap = expensive. Unfortunately, we have experienced this ourselves at times. When we wanted to rent a car in Barcelona, we saw a very cheap offer, which we then closed. Later we went to read the reviews about the airline and they were really tremendously bad and it turned out that many tourists still had to pay extra for many things on the spot. As a result, the rent ended up being even more expensive than some of its competitors. In the end, we took our loss and booked with another airline.
- Stick to the traffic rules: perhaps an unnecessary tip, but Lanzarote is strictly controlled. You have speed cameras there (sometimes look different than in the Netherlands) and also the police perform their own checks, stopping people. Stick to the traffic rules and you won’t have to worry about these checks and fines.
Rent a car from Sunny Cars Lanzarote
Sights of Lanzarote
Lanzarote is a beautiful island and you can see several cool things on the island with a rental car. We list some of these attractions.
- Timanfaya National Park: this volcanic landscape is one of Lanzarote’s best visited attractions. You drive your rental car to the visitor center and from there you can take a bus to visit this bizarre landscape.
- Lago Verde: you can visit a lake that is all green in color. You drive your rental car to the lake parking lot and then walk along a narrow walking path toward the green lake.
- Cueva de Los Verdes: these caves are located in the northeastern part of the island and are beautiful to visit. The caves were created by the lava and sea water cooling the lava. You walk through the caves here with a guide and you can walk for a kilometer through these caves.
- Jardin de Cactus: this is an extraordinary botanical garden, with the large cacti being one of the most beautiful plants to view.
- Mirador del Rio: this is a beautiful viewpoint located at the very north of the island of Lanzarote. You pay a small entrance fee and then (provided the weather is clear) have a beautiful view of La Graciosa Island.
- Playa del Papagayo: Most tourists visit Lanzarote because of its climate and beaches. Now these beaches are not all very beautiful, but the Playa del Papagayo is. This is perhaps the most important attraction in Lanzarote. The largest and most beautiful beaches (with white sand) located here are Playa del Papagayo, Playa de la Cera, Playa del Pozo and Playa Mujeres.
Of course, there are several things you can look at. If you drive from the far north to the far south of the island of Lanzarote, you are driving for a little over an hour. In that respect, the driving distances are not that much.
Public transportation or a rental car from Sunny Cars Lanzarote?
You can also explore the island of Lanzarote by public transportation and then you will have to rely on the buses that run on the island. You have a number of bus lines on the island, but all these bus lines start and end in the capital Arrecife. From the central bus station you can reach most places on the island.
Of course, what is the big disadvantage of this is that you often have to first take the bus to the central bus station of the capital and from there take another bus to where you want to go. As you can imagine, this takes an enormous amount of time. Obviously the bus is cheap, but in terms of convenience and freedom, the bus is not ideal.
We ourselves find the latter two things very important, which is why we always choose to rent a car anyway. In Lanzarote you can rent a car just fine and we always find Sunny Cars’ cars ideal. Fortunately, in Lanzarote, you can also turn to Sunny Cars Lanzarote.
Benefits of renting a car from Sunny Cars Lanzarote
The cars from the company Sunny Cars have a number of advantages, in our opinion, and we list below the benefits you have when you rent a car from Sunny Cars Lanzarote.
- Insurance. Sunny Cars Lanzarote has an all-in formula, with all car insurance included in the price. Because of this, you know that all the insurance you need is included in the price and you won’t have to worry about insurance on your vacation in Lanzarote.
- Own risk. With Sunny Cars Lanzarote, the excess is covered. You may have a deductible with the local rental company and therefore have to pay a deductible in case of damage, but you will get this back from Sunny Cars. As a result, you don’t have to worry that your vacation in Lanzarote will still be more expensive due to damage to the rental car.
- Cancel. You can still cancel this reservation free of charge at Sunny Cars Lanzarote up to one hour before booking. This keeps you very flexible. You may not be able to make the trip to Lanzarote or you may miss your flight, and so you can cancel the rental car so soon beforehand.
In short, most of the worries you may have from a rental car in Lanzarote are taken away by Sunny Cars Lanzarote, allowing you to focus mainly on enjoying yourself during your vacation. Sometimes you pay a little more for a rental car from Sunny Cars Lanzarote, but you get a lot in return.
Rent a car from Sunny Cars Lanzarote
What is all inn at Sunny Cars Lanzarote?
Now what is the all inn formula of Sunny Cars Lanzarote. We list the key issues.
- Damage insurance: this is perhaps the most important insurance you should take out when renting a car in Lanzarote. All damage to the car is covered with Sunny Cars Lanzarote, so you don’t need to purchase additional insurance locally. We have had to do this on occasion in the past and Sunny Cars itself also indicates that you absolutely do not have to do this with them.
- Refund deductible. As we mentioned above, Sunny Cars Lanzarote refunds the excess, if you have damage to your rental car in Lanzarote
- Damage coverage to glass-tires-bottom-roof. These parts are often not included in normal non-life insurance, even though most damages are often to these parts of the car. A flat tire, a crack in the window because of a pebble or a scratch on the roof. With this insurance, you are covered with Sunny Cars Lanzarote.
- Unlimited mileage. This won’t be the biggest problem on the island of Lanzarote, but still always nice not to have to worry about this when you rent a car from Sunny Cars Lanzarote.
- Theft insurance: the chances of your car being stolen are slim, of course, but it would just happen to you. The car is also insured in case of theft with Sunny Cars Lanzarote’s all-inn formula.
- Extra third-party insurance: you are extra insured for this with Sunny Cars Lanzarote up to as much as ten million euros. In the Netherlands, this is even a lot lower and you are only insured up to five million. So again, a fine addition to your insurance package for a rental car in Lanzarote.
- Fuel arrangement Full-Full: As we indicated earlier, our preference is always for this. You drive away from the rental company in Lanzarote right away with a full tank, so you don’t have to look for a gas station immediately upon arrival in Lanzarote.
- Reimbursement of towing costs: suppose you find yourself with a broken down car in Lanzarote, the car may need to be towed. With the rental cars from Sunny Cars Lanzarote, these costs are then included, so you don’t have to pay for this yourself.
- Loss of keys and papers: suppose you lose your papers or the keys to your rental car during your vacation in Lanzarote, you are insured for this with Sunny Cars Lanzarote.
- Airport delivery fees: these, along with local taxes, are already included in the car rental price. Sometimes there are still parties that charge money for this on the spot, but you don’t have to worry about that.
- Breakdown assistance: you can always call Sunny Cars Lanzarote for breakdown assistance. They also have a 24/7 emergency number you can call. Usually you can give the local party a call (phone number is on the voucher) and they will take care of it.
- Cancel: as we mentioned, you can cancel your reservation one hour in advance.
As you can see, Sunny Cars Lanzarote ‘s all-inclusive package is very comprehensive, ensuring a worry-free vacation in Lanzarote! With us, this ensures that we don’t have to worry about our rental car locally.
Where can I book a car from Sunny Cars Lanzarote?
You have a huge number of options with Sunny Cars Lanzarote where to rent a car in Lanzarote. We actually always rent a car from the airport, since we then also have immediate transportation from the airport, but suppose you don’t need a car for your entire vacation in Lanzarote, you can also have the car delivered to your vacation address. Many things are possible.
There are also several places where you can rent a car in Lanzarote. This can also be done to the airport at the following places: Puerto del Carmen, Playa Blanca, Costa Teguise, Arrecife Harbour, Costa Teguise Harbour, Puerto Calero, Arrecife and Playa Blanca Cruise Port.
So, as you can see, there are plenty of places in Lanzarote where you can rent a car from Sunny Cars Lanzarote.
Rent a car from Sunny Cars Lanzarote
Where to stay in Lanzarote?
You have plenty of accommodations in Lanzarote where you can stay during your vacation. You have some resorts where most tourists stay, and in these three resorts we have listed the best options in each price range. Press the blue link for more information
Budget hotel: Apartamentos El Guarapo
Mid-range hotel: Beatriz Costa & Spa
Luxury hotel: HD Beach Resort
For a list of all accommodations in the place Costa Teguise look here.
Puerto del Carmen
Budget hotel: Hotel THB Flora
Mid-range hotel: Hotel Suite Montana Club
Luxury hotel: Seaside Los Jameos
For a list of all accommodations in the place Puerto del Carmen look here.
Budget hotel: THB Tropical Island
Mid-range hotel: THB Royal
Luxury hotel: Relaxia Lanzasur Club – Aqualava Water Park
For a list of all accommodations in the place Playa Blanca look here.